Protect Your Assets And Your Freedom
(yes, we are absolutely serious)
Due to a series of emergency declarations issued by the Governor, in response to wildfires that wreaked havoc in Sonoma County, and the passage of AB 1482, known as the Tenant Protection Act of 2019, Landlords and Property Managers must comply with a stringent set of new guidelines to protect their assets and stay out of jail.
Anti-Gouging Law In Effect Since 2017
Since October 18, 2017, Sonoma County Landlords and Property Managers have been required to abide by Penal Code (PC) 396, the anti-gouging law that prevents rental rates from increasing by more than 10% during a declared emergency. Executive Order N-22-19 extended the emergency declaration for Sonoma County until December 31, 2020.
The Consequences of Violating PC 396
Landlords and Property Managers who violate PC 396 are subject to criminal prosecution that can result in one-year imprisonment in county jail and/or a fine of up to $10,000. Violations are also subject to civil enforcement actions including civil penalties of up to $5,000 per violation, injunctive relief and mandatory restitution.
The Attorney General, local district attorneys, and private individuals can bring actions for violations of the statute.
Rent Control and Just Cause Evictions
Effective January 1, 2020, AB 1482, known as the Tenant Protection Act of 2019, requires Landlords and Property Managers to comply with a litany of new regulations including: (1) mandatory verbiage in leases, rental agreements, and certain notices; (2) limits the number of rent increases in a 12-month period; (3) caps rent increases to 5% plus the percentage change in the consumer price index; (4) sets limits on terminating tenancy without just cause; (5) mandates relocation assistance in certain circumstances; and (6) provides exemptions for certain properties.
Why You Need Us
We take the worry out of property management. We are compliant with all laws and regulations, especially anti-gouging and AB 1482, and continually advance our knowledge to serve our clients. Click HERE to learn more about us.
Do not be caught off-guard by an ill-informed Property Manager! Not all Property Managers are in lawful compliance and may put you in serious harm’s way.
Nothing is worse than having to answer for a misdeed caused by others and having to pay dearly with your hard earned money with the possibility of losing your freedom.
What We Can Offer You Today
Property Management Services
- Full Service Property Management
- Property risk and liability assessments
- Property income potential assessments
- Rent Control Compliance
- Disbursements by Direct Deposit
- Vendor payments
- Monthly financial reports
- Tenant screening and placement
- 24 hour emergency response
- Tenant and Owner e-Portal access
- 1099 filings
- Peace of mind
- Placement only services – Includes advertising, showings, tenant screening and application support, rental agreement, trust fund handling, and disbursement.
- Eviction support services – preparing notices and proof of service, mediation, preparations for trial, post trial follow-up
- Vendor support services – license, insurance and bond verifications, progress payments, lien releases
- Tenant transition support – gathering full releases, providing bill of sales, providing rental verifications, collecting past due charges, and final accounting
- Remediation support services – asbestos, lead, mold, and other environmental hazards, temporary relocations
- Mortgage support services – payments, lender requested financials and reports
- Sales support services – we work with your real estate sales agent to prepare disclosure reports, tenant estoppels, and required notices
Bloomfield, Bodega, Bodega Bay, Cotati, Dillon Beach, Duncan Mills, Forestville, Freestone, Fulton, Graton, Guerneville, Healdsburg, Jenner, Monte Rio, Rohnert Park, Occidental, Penngrove, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Tomales, Windsor, and Valley Ford.
Zip Codes Served
94922, 94923, 94931, 95430, 95436, 95439, 95444, 95446, 95471, 95462, 95486, 95465, 94951, 94952, 94954, 94928, 95401, 95403, 95404, 95405, 95407, 95409, 95472, 94972, 95492, 94929, 94971